- Employs a G1/G7 ballistic solver, correcting for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift and Coriolis to achieve accurate long-range shots. Easy Mode walks you through a simple step-by-step guide to using your Kestrel so you can learn faster and start shooting long range with confidence. Muzzle Velocity Calibration Guide allows for accurate measurement of bullet speed without a chronograph to improve accuracy.
- Environmental Capture measures and adjusts for actual conditions wherever you are and automatically updates the ballistic solution - eliminating the need to re-zero when moving to a different altitude. LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers and integration with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy.
- Choice of solution units (Mils, MOA, Clicks, Inches or Centimeters)- works with any gun or targeting scope. Weather mode offers the full environmental measurements, storage and charting capabilities of the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure and altitude. Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. Includes both bright white and night-vision-preserving red backlight.
The Kestrel 5700 Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics
The 5700 Elite combines accurate environmentals and proven ballistics for first-hit firing solutions
The Kestrel 5700 Elite contains three decades of weather and ballistics knowledge, condensed into a single, rugged, pocket sized tool for military, law enforcement, hunting, and competitive long-range shooting. The Kestrel 5700 Elite employs the Applied Ballistics bullet library of custom drag models, an exact measurement of your bullet’s drag profile plus corrections for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift, Coriolis, and Drop Scale Factoring to achieve accurate extended long-range shots. On top of employing a G1/G7 ballistic solver, this meter offers other features including a customizable Target Card, an expanded Ballistics Data Table, and storage for up to 30 gun/bullet profiles and 10 saved targets.
This meter offers a large, high-resolution and contrast display with ease of font readability. It also includes a built-in dual color backlight (white or red), extra-strong polycarbonate lens, AA battery operation and optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support.
Easy to use
The 5700 Elite works with any gun or scope offering solution units in Mils, MOA, Clicks, Inches or Centimeters. The Environmental Capture measures and adjusts for real-time conditions and automatically updates the ballistic solution - eliminating the need to re-zero when moving to a different altitude. The Muzzle Velocity Calibration Guide allows for accurate bullet speed without a chronograph.
Rugged and Reliable
Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel 5700 Elite is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can accompany you to the range, hunt, match, deployment or engagement for years to come. Weather mode offers full environmental measurements with storage and charting capabilities including wind speed, direction, temperature, humidity, and pressure.
Kestrel 5700 Elite Measurements:
- Altitude (Barometric), Barometric Pressure,
- Crosswind, Density Altitude,
- Dew Point Temperature, Headwind/Tailwind,
- Heat Stress Index, Relative Humidity,
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure), Temperature,
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric), Wind Chill,
- Wind Direction, Wind Speed/Air Speed
Additional Kestrel 5700 Features
- Waterproof and Drop tested for quality and ruggedness
- Create and store up to 30 Gun/Bullet Profiles and 10 targets
- Multilingual Menus (English, French, Spanish, German)
- Connect to Compatible Range Finders (LiNK enabled models only)
- G1/G7 Drag Models
- High angle shot correction
- Moving target lead correction
If you select the LiNK enabled model, you can wirelessly connect to the Kestrel LiNK Ballistics App!
- Wirelessly connect to compatible range finders.
- Build and manage gun/bullet profiles.
- View elevation and windage solution and wirelessly adjust target range.
- Set up and view multiple targets simultaneously.
- Access the comprehensive Applied Ballistics bullet library.
- Wirelessly update Kestrel firmware.
The free app is available for iOS and Android platforms.